Whooo-eeee! A three-and-one-half day whirlwind just deposited me back at home and my brain is still reeling. So many great people, so much information conveyed, such a lot of encouragement, inspiration and motivation provided… not to mention all the fabulous food consumed!
I promised a conference round up, but I’ve come to the conclusion it’s impossible to condense the following into a few paragraphs:
- the impact of being among 700 people who love writing as much as you do,
- the contributions of fifty-five authors, agents, editors and screenwriters at the free ‘Blue Pencil’ and agent interviews,
- the vast amounts of material they presented during more than seventy workshops,
- the helpfulness of at least a hundred volunteers, staff and organizers, or
- the luxury of the conference’s first class hotel setting.
You’ve heard the saying ‘you need to see it to believe it.’ Well, in this case you need to be there to fully appreciate it.
Maybe by Wednesday my brain will be better able to sort through the weekend’s highlights, but at the moment it’s still on Information Overload. For now I think I’ll leave you with a few of my photos and the suggestion that you set aside October 24-27, 2013 and plan to come and see for yourself what makes this conference one of the very best in North America.
[A click on any photo will enlarge it]
There are more, but they’ll have to wait. The weekend’s lack of sleep has caught up to me and I’m off to dream the maybe-not-so-impossible-anymore dream.
~ ~ ~