I’ve done it again — signed up for Denise Jaden’s MARCH MADNESS CHALLENGE. It’s not that I want to be publicly humiliated, or that I’m enamored by failure. Committing to a specific goal has a way of pushing me into a do-or-die mind set, and I really don’t want to die.
The Challenge has been expanded this year to include any book or writing related goals — writing, reading, blogging, etc. Now that March has arrived the Challenge officially begins today. This is how it works:
- You set a goal in the comment section on DENISE JADEN’S BLOG (anything writing, reading, blogging, or otherwise book related). It can be as small and simple a goal as turning off your Internet while you write during the month of March. Or it can be as large as writing or revising an entire book.
- You check in daily (Monday through Friday) at the designated blog, and leave a comment. Let everyone know how you’re doing with your goal. Share your victories and struggles. Encourage others. The key is support and camaraderie.
- There will be prizes just for stopping by and letting everyone know how you’re doing and for encouraging others!
All the details are here on Denise’s blog. It’s where you comment to opt in (it doesn’t matter if you happen to be a little late in doing so). It’s where you’ll find the list and links for subsequent daily check ins. It’s where you’ll see the ever-growing list of wonderful prizes being offered just for taking part.
By signing up and announcing my commitment like this I’ve created extra motivation for myself. I’ve added reinforcement to my determination. My goals for March are:
- Complete the revision on my latest novel, SHOWDOWN… all 89,500 words of it.
- Read and review one book recently received for that purpose.
That’s it. Doesn’t sound too daunting, does it? That’s just because you’re sitting out there laughing! Why not figure out a realistic goal for yourself and join in the March Madness Challenge with me? I’d love some friendly company. Or even some not so friendly company if it helps prod me forward. How about it?