Awards are fun. They occur in just about every arena and are given for a variety of accomplishments. Writers especially covet those that honour their writing achievements. Bloggers? Well, I didn’t know until recently that there are awards for us, too.
I returned from a week away to discover that I had received Carol Benedict’s nomination for the Kreativ Blogger Award. I thank her for giving my blog a thumbs up although, like her, I have to admit to not really knowing what the criteria is.
I did some checking and found there are some rules that accompany the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
The first three are done. But the fourth — seven interesting things about ME? Hmmm. I might have to borrow a few of the 25 Random Things I posted a while ago on Facebook. Let’s see…
- I’ve bred, trained and exhibited Shelties in conformation and obedience for more than 35 years and have a permanently registered kennel name (“Careann” – sound familiar?). Since 1998 Labrador Retrievers have also shared my life.
- I was the canine consultant and dog show coordinator for the filming of the movie “Best In Show”.
- I painted in oils, mostly landscapes, for two decades, sold everything and now don’t own a single piece of my own work.
- Considering I don’t read music well or play the piano very well either, it’s remarkable that I managed to direct a choir and church music program for almost 14 years.
- Astronaut Robert Thirsk was one of the students in my Grade One classroom when I began teaching in 1959.
- In 1954 I was a majorette, twirling my baton and high-stepping with girlfriend Diane Close, providing half time entertainment for the BC Lions football games. “Lions roar in ’54!”
- Stored in a box downstairs are dozens of my mother-in-law’s lovely cups and saucers while in my kitchen cupboards you’ll only find pottery mugs. That says something about my version of entertaining.
Okay, okay, I know that last one is kind of lame, but I’ve run out of things that qualify as “interesting”!
Now, deciding on who to nominate for the on-going award is the next challenge. There are a number of very worthy bloggers whose sites I love visiting, but some have already received this award, and I suspect some of the others – working authors, agents and editors — simply don’t have time to participate. I’ll have to give this some more thought over the weekend. Stay tuned… [To be continued]